The Southeast Oklahoma Labor & Employment Roadshow will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, May 14 at Murray State College, One Murray Campus, in Tishomingo, Okla. The seminar is open to any area businesses and HR professionals who are interested in learning more about recent HR-related updates.
Crowe & Dunlevy Labor & Employment attorneys will provide an overview of current labor and employment laws, including how to avoid potential hazards with various federal regulations, the Oklahoma administrative workers' compensation system, background checks, workplace investigations and more.
Each presentation is 70 minutes and includes a question and answer session. The seminar agenda is as follows:
- 8:15-8:45 a.m. – Registration
- 8:45-9 a.m. – Welcome to Murray State College with President Joy McDaniel
- 9-10:10 a.m. – “Dangerous Intersection: The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Meets the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA)” with Crowe & Dunlevy attorney Michael Pacewicz
- 10:20-11:30 a.m. – “Happy First Birthday to the Oklahoma Administrative Workers’ Compensation System” with Crowe & Dunlevy attorney Christina Cupp
- Noon-1:10 p.m. – “Department of Labor Do’s and Don’ts” with Crowe & Dunlevy attorney Madalene Witterholt
- 1:10-2:20 p.m. – “Investigations in the Workplace, Best Practices and Background Checks” with Crowe & Dunlevy attorney Ruth Addison
- 2:30-3:40 p.m. – “Don’t Let One Bad Apple Spoil the Bunch: How to Deal with Difficult Employees” with Crowe & Dunlevy attorney Randall Snapp
- 3:40-4 p.m. – Question & Answer Session
Complimentary seminar registration includes continental breakfast and lunch, with links to the conference presentation materials sent beforehand. The HR Certification Institute has approved this event for five HR recertification credit hours. Crowe & Dunlevy is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP™ or SHRM-SCP™.
Posted on Thu, April 23, 2015
by Crowe & Dunlevy filed under