We have significant experience in the area of nonprofit practice, representing various educational, healthcare and charitable nonprofit organizations, public trusts and community and private foundations. The firm's practice in this area includes:
- Entity formation and joint ventures with taxable for profit co-owners
- Overall governance and maintenance of charitable exempt purposes in joint ventures with taxable for profit co-owners
- Taxation exemption status under the Internal Revenue Code, avoidance of Internal Revenue Code excise taxes, and exemption from numerous state and local ad valorem and sales/uses taxes
- Fiduciary responsibilities for controlling persons
- Business league and trade association nonprofit entity issues
- Management, risk analysis and employment matters
Contact Crowe & Dunlevy for more information on nonprofit/charitable foundations.