Drew A. CunninghamDirector
Drew Cunningham represents clients as a member of the Real Estate Practice Group in the firm’s Oklahoma City office. Drew’s commercial real estate practice involves multiple fields, including commercial acquisitions and dispositions, ground-up development, build-to-suit leasing, landlord and tenant representation, and finance. Drew has extensive experience drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, complex commercial leases, financing agreements, and construction contracts for large commercial developments. After spending several years serving clients in a variety of business transactional and litigation matters, including dental and medical practices, physicians, and entrepreneurs, Drew has re-focused his practice on real estate finance and development with the benefits of a diverse legal background. With a background in finance, Drew represents developers and investors in connection with structuring partnership agreements and debt and equity fundraising.
Drew received his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, graduating cum laude. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Arkansas, graduating summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Finance and Real Estate. Drew serves as a volunteer attorney for the Trinity Legal Clinic.
- Built an in-house team of attorneys and paralegals to represent the buyer of a $106MM portfolio of commercial real estate leased to the United States, consisting of 46 properties across 10 states. Successfully closed the transaction on time during Covid-19 lockdowns.
- Worked with a team of professionals representing a development group in the acquisition of a historic hotel in New York City, including extensive negotiation with a private lender providing $71MM in debt financing.
- Worked with a team of professionals representing a development group in 5 separate hotel purchases during 2021 for a cumulative purchase price exceeding $100MM. Coordinated timely closings with hotel management, franchisor, and lender.
- Drafted private placement memorandum for new brewery raising $750,000 in private offering.
- Litigation experience includes business disputes, landlord and tenant disputes, and drafting and arguing motions in state court, including successful motions for summary judgment.
*Past results afford no guarantee of future results. Every case is different and must be judged on its merits.
The University of Florida
The University of Arkansas
Summa Cum Laude
- Trinity Legal Clinic, Volunteer Attorney (2021 - Present)
- Oklahoma City Redbud Classic Foundation, Board Member (2019 - Present)
- Oklahoma Lawyers for Children, Volunteer Attorney (2014 - 2019)