Energy, Environment & Natural Resources
Crowe & Dunlevy’s Energy, Environment & Natural Resources Practice Group draws from the firm’s energy and natural resources, environment, litigation and business departments. Our attorneys have a long-standing history of representing parties in the energy and environmental arenas, and we provide a broad array of legal services to our clients. Our services include energy litigation, transaction and contract services, representation before state and federal administrative agencies, environmental permitting, compliance and defense, labor and employment, tax and corporate management. We understand the unique needs of the energy industry and recognize the importance of incorporating corporate philosophies and policies into our legal representation.
Our energy litigation practice includes representing oil and gas producers, midstream companies, refiners and retailers in litigation, arbitration and regulatory proceedings relating to:
- Claims arising from on- and off-shore production, gathering and processing of gas
- Defense of class action claims asserted against oil and gas producers, midstream companies, refiners and retailers of motor fuel
- Disputes between midstream companies, or between midstream companies and producers over industry contracts
- Royalty owner and landowner claims
- Environmental statutory citizen suits
Read more about our energy practice.
Transactional and Contract Matters Services
We assist clients with a broad range of oil and gas transactions including:
- Preparation of oil and gas contracts
- Sales and acquisitions of oil and gas properties
- Advice regarding legal issues arising in the oil and gas industry
Our environment practice includes experienced attorneys in all aspects of environmental laws and regulations including:
- State and Federal regulatory compliance analysis and permit applications
- Environmental litigation
- Real estate and business transactions
- Insurance litigation for environmental claims
- Underground storage tank regulatory compliance
- Environmental reviews for hotels and businesses
- Clean Water Act compliance for publicly owned water treatments systems
- Water use permitting and compliance with the Oklahoma Water Resources Board and Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality
- PFAS regulatory
Read more about our PFAS regulatory and litigation capabilities.
Our Wind & Renewable Energy practice is at the forefront of this shifting landscape. We advise clients on a variety of legal matters involving renewable and alternative energy technologies and projects, including:
- Siting wind projects
- Permitting solar energy systems
- Biofuels and biomass
- Hydroelectric acquisitions and project development
- Energy efficiency
Read about our work with renewable energy sources.
Attorneys that serve the energy industry stay apprised of the latest developments in the industry through their involvement and membership in:
- American College of Environmental Lawyers
- Center for American and International Law
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Oklahoma Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Association
- Oklahoma Independent Petroleum Association
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy and Natural Resources
“We received quick, accurate and practical advice from Crowe & Dunlevy.” – client name confidential
Contact us for more information regarding energy, environment and natural resources matters.
*Past results afford no guarantee of future results. Every case is different and must be judged on its merits.