Leonard Court is a graduate of Oklahoma State University (B.A., 1969) and Harvard Law School (J.D., 1972). He joined the firm in 1972. He served as a J.A.G. in the U.S. Air Force from 1973 to 1977, when he returned to Crowe & Dunlevy. Leonard is a member and past chairman of the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group which he established. Leonard has served as a member of the United States Chamber of Commerce Labor Relations Committee since 1997. In 1999, he was appointed chairman of the Wage, Hour and Leave Subcommittee. He has served as an adjunct professor of labor law at the University of Oklahoma Law School and Oklahoma City University School of Law. He is a former president of the Oklahoma State University Alumni Association and received that organization’s Distinguished Alumni Award in 1998. He was inducted into the Oklahoma State University Alumni Association Hall of Fame in 2006 which is the association’s highest honor.
An active member in the human resources industry, Leonard was awarded the Oklahoma City Human Resources Society HR Legend award in 2014, the Oklahoma Human Resources Council Annual Excellence in Human Resources award in 2015 and the Oklahoma County Bar Association Community Service award in 2016. He is also actively involved with the American Bar Association, the Employment Law Alliance, the Council for Education in Management and LEI/BNA. He is a frequent speaker at seminars and webinars for these organizations.
- Oklahoma County Bar Association Community Service Award recipient, 2016
- Oklahoma Human Resources Council Excellence in Human Resources Award recipient, 2015
- Oklahoma City Human Resources Society HR Legend Award recipient, 2014
- Listed in Best Lawyers Oklahoma City Employment Law – Management Lawyer of the Year, 2010, 2012 and 2014*
- Listed in Best Lawyers Oklahoma City Labor Law – Management Lawyer of the Year, 2013*
- Received high rankings in Chambers USA – Ranked in the top category nationally as a management attorney in labor and employment law (2003 – Present)*
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, inducted 1997
- Ranked in Super Lawyers Top 50 attorneys in Oklahoma (2007 – 2017)*
- Ranked in Super Lawyers (2006 – Present)*
- Past president of the Oklahoma State University Alumni Association and received the organization’s Distinguished Alumni Award in 1998
- Oklahoma State University Alumni Association Hall of Fame inductee, 2006
- Member of the American Bar Association’s Equal Employment Opportunity Committee, Section on Labor and Employment Law and the Labor Relations Law Committee, Litigation Section
- Oklahoma representative to the ABA Regional Liaison Committee with the EEOC
- Listed in Who’s Who in the World, Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in American Law and the Guide to Leading U.S. Labor and Employment Lawyers
*Crowe & Dunlevy has no input in the rating methodologies used by Best Lawyers, Chambers USA or Super Lawyers.