Kent Meyers’ practice focuses on commercial litigation and antitrust law. He has tried numerous antitrust and complex commercial litigation cases, in addition to handling patent, copyright and trademark matters. Kent also handles arbitration matters both as counsel for litigants and as an arbitrator.
Kent has published more than a dozen articles, is a frequent lecturer and cohosts The Verdict, a weekly local television show. He also serves as an adjunct professor of law at University of Oklahoma College of Law, University of Tulsa Law School and Oklahoma City University Law School. He was a distinguished lecturer in law at Brasenose College, Oxford University as well. Kent founded the Crowe & Dunlevy International Professorship Program, which brings a foreign Harvard LL.M. or S.J.D. graduate to the University of Oklahoma College of Law to teach under the sponsorship of Crowe & Dunlevy.
A leader in the legal industry, Kent has been named by Chambers USA as one of America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Senior Statesman (2017 – 2020)*, listed in The Best Lawyers in America (in six categories Antitrust, Antitrust-Litigation, Bet-The-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Communications Law, Bankruptcy)*, named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers and listed in Lawdragon as one of the top 500 leading lawyers in America.* Kent is also a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and was selected for Order of Barristers (outstanding trial lawyer) by the University of Oklahoma College of Law.
Dedicated to his community, Kent cofounded Oklahoma Lawyers for Children, a nonprofit organization of volunteer lawyers working with public defenders to represent deprived children in juvenile court. He is the 2015 recipient of The Journal Record Award for his work with Oklahoma Lawyers for Children and other community service work. Kent has also received an Oklahoma Bar Association award for outstanding pro bono service relating to his commitment to community service.
- Listed in Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers, as a leading lawyer in Oklahoma
- Listed in Best Lawyers every year it has been published. In the most recent edition was listed in the following four categories: Antitrust, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law, Commercial Litigation and Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Best Lawyers 2012 and 2021 Oklahoma City Litigation – Antitrust Lawyer of the Year
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Selected for Order of Barristers (outstanding trial lawyer) by the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 1982
- Founder of the Crowe & Dunlevy International Professorship Program bringing a foreign Harvard LL.M. or S.J.D. graduate to the University of Oklahoma College of Law to teach under the sponsorship of Crowe & Dunlevy
- Recipient of the 1999 OBA Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service relating to Oklahoma Lawyers for Children.
- Listed in Benchmark, The definitive guide to America’s leading litigation firms and attorneys, as a local litigation star
- Listed in Lawdragon as one of the 500 leading lawyers in America
- Listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers
*Crowe & Dunlevy has no input in the rating methodologies of Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers or Chambers USA publications.