Vickie L. DriverShareholder/Director
Vickie Driver is a shareholder in the firm’s Dallas office and is a member of the Bankruptcy & Creditor’s Rights, Corporate & Securities, Healthcare and Indian Law & Gaming Practice Groups. As Co-chair of the Bankruptcy & Creditor’s Rights Practice Group, her practice concentrates on bankruptcy and insolvency matters, distressed asset transactions, Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings and Native American economic development. Vickie leverages her bankruptcy experience to create innovative solutions for businesses including cases involving complex capital structures with multiple intercreditor issues and has successfully represented restaurants, healthcare facilities and Native American Nations in several Chapter 11 reorganization and liquidation matters.
Active in the bankruptcy industry, Vickie is a board member of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, co-founder and inaugural president of the DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers and former chair of the Dallas Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Section. She is a frequent speaker and author on bankruptcy issues and has been recognized as a top rated bankruptcy attorney by Super Lawyers since 2014.*
Vickie received her Juris Doctor from Baylor Law School, where she was a Dean’s List scholarship recipient. During law school she was a member of the Order of the Barristers and participated in the Baylor Law Review.
Aside from her work at the firm, Vickie is a volunteer general counsel for the Legacy Humane Society, a nonprofit animal rescue organization that provides a network of foster homes for abandoned and neglected dogs and cats.
*Crowe & Dunlevy has no input in the rating methodologies used by Super Lawyers magazine.
Representative experience includes*:
- Represented Vasari LLC, the largest Texas franchisee for Dairy Queen quick service restaurants, in its successful Chapter 11 reorganization
- Represented University General Hospital and Foundation Healthcare, Inc. in their Chapter 11 liquidation
- Represented Native American Nation in the restructuring of a $200 million loan made to a tribal enterprise
- Represented landlord for 31 locations in Senior Care Centers, LLC's Chapter 11 case
- Represented Forest Park Medical Center at Frisco in their Chapter 11 case, resulting in $60 million sale to HCA
*Past results afford no guarantee of future results. Every case is different and must be judged on its merits.
Baylor School of Law
Order of Barristers
B.A., Law, concentration in psychology
- Texas, 2000
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, Board Member (2019)
- DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers, Co-founder and Inaugural President
- Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference, Planning Committee Member (2016-2019)
- Dallas Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section, Chair (2007)
- Ranked in Super Lawyers*
- Texas Rising Star (2007-2008, 2010 - 2014)
- Bankruptcy, Creditor Debtor Rights (2014 - Present)
- D Magazine, Best Lawyers in Dallas (2017)
*Crowe & Dunlevy has no input in the rating methodology used by the Super Lawyers publication.
- Co-author, "Toto, I've a Feeling We're Not in Kansas Anymore: Bankruptcy Sales Outside the Ordinary Course of Business," The Federal Lawyer, Vol. 57, No. 2, February 2010
- Speaker, "Legal and Financial Issues in Healthcare Restructurings," American Bar Association Health Law Section, Emerging Issues in Healthcare Law, Orlando, Florida, March 14, 2019
- Panelist, TMA-DFW Chapter, Restaurant Restructurings Panel, October 2018
- Moderator, "Health Care," 33rd Annual Bankruptcy & Restructuring Conference, June 2017
- Co-author and Panelist, "Pre-Bankruptcy Planning and Pitfalls," 30th Annual Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference, Austin, Texas, November 16, 2017
- Co-author and Co-speaker, "Structured Dismissals: Least Worst Option?" Dallas Bar Association, Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section, Dallas, Texas, November 5, 2014
- Author and Speaker, "Emerging Issues in Bankruptcy Litigation: Fraudulent Transfer and Preferences," 30th Annual Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference, Austin, Texas, November 17-18, 2011
- Co-author and Panelist, "New Releases and Blockbusters: A Discussion of the Latest Cases in Consumer and Business Bankruptcies," 2010 Northern District of Texas Bankruptcy Bench/Bar Conference, Dallas, Texas, May 14, 2010
- General Counsel, Legacy Humane Society, (2010 - Present)