Wind & Renewable Energy
America’s energy landscape is evolving, and alternative/renewable energy sources are advancing at a seemingly inexorable pace. Emerging energy technologies—once thought uneconomical—are rapidly achieving parity with traditional energy technologies. The demand for effective legal guidance in this emerging industry continues to grow as companies and government entities struggle to meet the public’s needs with cost-effective and sustainable energy solutions.
Crowe & Dunlevy’s Wind & Renewable Energy practice is at the forefront of this shifting landscape. We advise clients on a variety of legal matters involving wind energy technologies and projects, regulatory analysis, corporate structure, tax matters and due diligence, including:
- Siting wind projects
- Permitting solar energy systems
- Biofuels and biomass
- Hydroelectric acquisitions and project development
- Energy efficiency
- CFTC (commodities) trading
- Smart and micro-grid technology
- Demand response and energy storage
- Project financing and debt and equity management
- Drafting and negotiating power purchase agreements
- Federal and state regulatory compliance
- Drafting leases, easements and other real estate agreements
- Reviewing and drafting construction plans and agreements
- Applying for renewable energy grant programs
- Developing alternative energy projects on tribal lands
- Anticipating and navigating federal and state taxation and economic incentive programs
- Addressing real estate title matters
Crowe & Dunlevy is equipped and prepared to develop innovative solutions and lead clients to success. Anecdotally—but based on available statistics and information—Crowe & Dunlevy has been involved with a strong majority of the wind energy projects in Oklahoma since 2002.
Contact us for more information on wind and alternative/renewable energy.