Kevin Gordon is a director of Crowe & Dunlevy having joined the firm in 1984. He served as president and CEO of the firm from 2012 – 2016, and is the former chair of the Litigation & Trial Practice Group as well as the firm’s E-Discovery and healthcare litigation teams. Kevin is also the past chair of the Insurance and Administrative & Regulatory Practice Groups. He has more than 35 years’ experience representing businesses in a wide range of complex litigation, arbitration and regulatory matters.
Kevin served for eight years as the Governor’s appointee to the Health Information Security & Privacy Collaboration Steering Committee—a federally funded HHS project bringing together diverse health care stakeholders to facilitate the secure exchange of electronic medical records. He also served as counsel to the state trust created to implement electronic information exchange between healthcare providers and insurers.
A graduate of Westminster College (1981 BA, with honors) and Washington University – St. Louis (1984 JD, Order of the Coif), Kevin frequently lectures at national and state conferences, including numerous American Health Lawyers Association’s (AHLA) conferences. He also chaired the AHLA’s practice group for health plans, insurers and providers.
For five years, Kevin served as an Adjunct Professor of Health Law at the University of Oklahoma College of Law. In addition, he has organized and moderated the Oklahoma Bar Association’s Insurance Law Update for more than 15 years and received the association’s Earl Sneed Award for outstanding contribution to legal education. Among his publications, Kevin has written chapters for books concerning class action litigation strategy as well as protecting the privacy of electronic medical records.
Kevin is a longtime member of the United States Chamber of Commerce’s Employee Benefits Committee and serves on the board of Oklahoma City University Law School and the Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools. He is founder and past president of the Ruth Bader Ginsburg American Inn of Court, and a board member of the Federal Bar Association’s Oklahoma chapter. Kevin also served as president of the board for Youth Services of Oklahoma County, Inc. where he was a board member for 25 years and is currently a Founding Guardian.
Kevin has been listed in the Best Lawyers publication since 2003 and honored as Best Lawyer of the year by the publication in ERISA litigation. Since 2013, he has been listed in the Super Lawyers publication as one of Oklahoma’s Top 50 Attorneys in administrative law, health law and insurance law. Kevin was also named a litigation star by the Benchmark Litigation publication.* Kevin is a senior fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America and the American Bar Foundation, and is a two-time recipient of The Oklahoma County Bar Association’s Leadership in Law Award.
Kevin has served in a variety of roles on several civic and charitable boards, indluding:
- Governor’s attorney appointee to the Steering Committee for the Health Information Security & Privacy Collaboration, a federally funded HHS project bringing together diverse health stakeholders to facilitate the secure exchange of electronic medical records (2006 – Present)
- Lectures nationally on insurance and healthcare topics including the 2006 – 2008 annual meetings of the American Health Lawyers Association as well as the association’s 2006 – 2009 conferences on Payers, Plans and Managed Care
- Conference chair and moderator for the Oklahoma Bar Association’s Insurance Law Update—for which he received the association’s highest CLE award
- Federal Bar Association Oklahoma Chapter Board Member
- Oklahoma County Bar Association Board Member
- United States Chamber of Commerce on Employee Benefits Committee Member
- Youth Services of Oklahoma County, Inc., Board Member (1986 – 2012) and Founding Guardian
- Oklahoma Association of Youth Services Agencies Past President
- Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools Board Member
- Oklahoma City University Law School Board Member
- Former chair of the HMO & Health Plans Practice Group of the American Health Lawyers Association
- Founder and past president of the Ruth Bader Ginsburg American Inn of Court
- Adjunct professor at the University of Oklahoma College of Law, teaching an upper level course in health law (1997-1999; 2002-2005)
*Crowe & Dunlevy has no input in the rating methodologies used by Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers and Benchmark Litigation.