Government Relations, Legislative & Regulatory Affairs
Businesses and non-profits facing governmental, legislative, and regulatory challenges need strategic advice to ensure their voices are heard. Whether dealing with state or federal governmental regulatory agencies, Oklahoma, Texas or the U.S. Congress, or the offices of attorneys general, Crowe & Dunlevy’s Government Relations, Legislative & Regulatory Affairs team has the trusted reputation and experience to ensure our clients are at the table and their voices are heard. Our attorneys are regularly engaging members of the legislature, regulatory bodies, or the attorney general’s office on economic development initiatives, state ballot questions, initiative petitions, legislation, regulatory concerns, and other issues of interest. From the Capitol to the courthouse, Crowe & Dunlevy’s non-partisan Government Relations, Legislative & Regulatory Affairs Practice Group represents clients in all matters of public concern. With decades of experience, our team has the capabilities to achieve positive outcomes for our clients.
Engaging us for your government relations needs that dovetail with your business strategies makes good sense in today’s ever-changing global and political environment. Our practice group professionals bring substantive knowledge and real-world experience to help our clients capture new markets, identify state and federal funding opportunities, and strategically plan to address governmental and political challenges. With the trusted stability of Crowe & Dunlevy, our clients know our firm will keep them ahead of the game. Our team is comprised of lawyers committed to representing our clients’ interests before all levels of local, regional, state, national, and international governing bodies. With years of experience both in private practice and in the public sector, our team includes the former chancellor of the Oklahoma State System of Higher Education and former Oklahoma House of Representatives’ Speaker of the House, the former State Treasurer of Oklahoma, the former Legislative Director for U.S. Congressman Glenn English, the former District Attorney of Oklahoma County, the former Mayor of Oklahoma City, as well as lawyers whose legal careers have focused on legislative, administrative, and regulatory matters. The firm is also able to leverage its national and global reach as the exclusive Oklahoma member firm of Lex Mundi, the world’s largest leading network of independent law firms, and State Law Resources, a national network of independent law firms selected for their demonstrated abilities in handling administrative, regulatory, and government relations issues at the state and federal level.
Our Government Relations, Legislative & Regulatory Affairs Practice Group provides guidance and advice through a trusted voice on a broad variety of issues, including:
- State and federal climate and clean energy legislation
- Major tax and budget bills
- Clean Air Act
- Clean Water Act
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Oklahoma Quality Jobs Act
- Superfund Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Non-profit legislation
- Annual appropriations bills, particularly those involving transportation and agriculture
Recent Representative Matters
While each project is unique, our attorneys are particularly postured to meet our clients’ legal needs. With experience in diverse legal subject matter as well as strong relationships with local, state, and national business, civic, governmental, political, and tribal leadership, we can assist clients with complicated transactional matters that have significant business, civic, and political overtones. Examples of major projects in which we have been involved in recent years include the following*:
- Our current representation of Sofidel in the negotiation, construction, and completion of the Sofidel plant in Inola, Okla., including navigation of local, state, and federal regulatory bodies;
- Our current representation of an international energy company in an on-going proposal to construct and to operate a major green energy facility in Oklahoma, helping them to generate governmental, tribal, and private sector support for the proposal;
- Our prior and ongoing representations of clients in solar and wind projects in the State of Oklahoma and elsewhere, requiring the same mix of experienced lawyers in multiple practice areas, all the while dealing with business, civic and political issues; and
- Our involvement as legal counsel in major economic development projects in the State of Oklahoma, including the Dell Computer facility in Oklahoma City and the Google facility in Pryor, to mention just a few of many.
*Past results afford no guarantee of future results. Every case is different and must be judged on its merits.